Monday, April 30, 2018

TRUMP'S SNOWFLAKES PROVE THEY HAVE NO SHAME, AND FEWER PRINCIPLES

I often receive interesting comments and correspondence from people who read my articles in the Bakersfield Californian, or see my on-air commentary on Bakersfield's KGET 17 News. After doing one of my regular segments on 17 News several weeks ago - where I made it clear that Speaker of the House Paul Ryan isn't so much retiring as leaving a sinking ship - I received this from one viewer.


As you can imagine I had plenty of thoughts on the topic. First, while I called Donald Trump "Donald" I did not refer to him as "The Donald." My other thought was to simply ignore the writer, "Greg." Then I decided that it would be funner - and be a real public service - if I pointed out how flawed Greg's logic was by showing him how twisted and inconsistent his set of principles really are. So I responded with this ...

___________________________________

I'm posting this exchange from two weeks ago because we're now watching Trump's supporters whine and bemoan the lack of decorum over comments made by a paid professional comedian at this past weekend's White House Correspondents' Dinner (WHCD). The dinner is supposed to be a roast, where reporters and others get a good laugh as comedians and invited speakers take a light hearted jab at the people they cover in our political world.

This past weekend Michelle Wolf went after the Trump administration, and really took it to Trump's propaganda chief (spokesperson), Sarah Huckabee Sanders.


Now keep in mind that this is an administration that regularly covers for a man who "dog-whistled" his way into the White House by getting his base riled up over President Obama's birth certificate, and has gone after Mexicans, Muslims, women, and just about anyone who Donald Trump doesn't think deserves his respect.

In simpler terms, Donald Trump has acted like a bigot and a punk throughout his presidency. His base either enjoys it, gives him a pass or, let's face it, many of them believe what Trump is saying about minority groups and women [see below].

Fortunately, a few people are already catching on to the shameless sense of indignation Trump's supporters feel because their boorish leader, and his sycophants, have been ridiculed.




Here's the point. Trump's supporters have no sense of shame, and even fewer principles.

And the Carnival Barker's act continues.

Sigh ...

- Mark

Addendum: Courtesy of Nick, we're reminded of Trump's boorish supporters, many of whom are now indignant over how the Trump administration was treated at the WHCD.



No comments: