LINKS FOR MID-TERM #2
* From Civil Liberties to Civil Rights: The long march to equality involved issues tied to blacks, women, labor laws, the influence of junk science (which justified social stereotypes), etc. It's all discussed here in the last 2/3 of this post."
* Courts and/or American Presidency: Here's the link to help with the FISA courts. Click here for a discussion on the Original Intent / Judicial Activist issue.
* The Presidency: Do we have an emerging American Caesar? This op-ed review several issues tied to the American presidency that we discussed in class. These two posts discuss signing statements.
* Congress: Why is it that many members of Congress appear overwhelmed and uninformed? Why do they appear to talk at each other instead of with each other? Apart from issues tied to redistricting, this post on the Bell Experiment ties into our lecture on post-industrialandia and semi-democracy in America. Click here for the link to clip on "We're not the greatest country in the world."
* Political Parties: Here's a link I have used in previous class lectures to help explain the evolution of political parties in America.