Saturday, March 22, 2008

OBAMA

I've been meaning to post on this since Obama's speech on race in America. Simply put, Obama has an understanding of America that goes beyond smart. There's a reason he's generating the buzz that he has so far. He's good. Of all the commentary, I think this one nails it:

One of my personal maxims has been that politicians will disappoint you. The ones you like will have personal failings, while the ones you detest will fail time and time again. With Senator Obama, for the first time in my life, I have watched a political leader who I don’t worry if he’ll be up to the task ... It’s like you had Michael Jordan in his prime or Joe Montana with 2 minutes to go. It’s that feeling where you say to yourself: Ok, breathe, he’s got it.

Given the political, economic and diplomatic hole President Bush has put us in, we need a political Michael Jordan or a Joe Montana in their prime (if you missed it, the link has the video and text of the speech). Of course, the team - i.e. his cabinet - will make all the difference. But so far Obama seems so scary smart I'm not worried.





















We'll be discussing Obama at the top of the 3:00 pm hour in today's show.

- Mark

No comments: