Tuesday, February 5, 2008

WHY I VOTED OBAMA TODAY

Since my guy - John Edwards - is out of the race I decided to vote for Barack Obama. And while I think Hilary would make an excellent president, and I will vote for her should she win the nomination, there was one issue that swayed my vote: The Senate's vote on the resolution to go to war on Iraq. Hilary voted to support war. Barack Obama stood up to Bush's lies and fear mongering when it mattered.

After 7 years of poor decision-making and presidential ineptitude judgment matters.

- Mark

P.S. It was suggested by my co-host, Candi Easter, that some may be confused because Obama was not yet a U.S. Senator when the War Resolution came up. I should have been clearer ... Barack Obama (1) was a candidate for U.S. Senate between 2002 and 2004 and (2) was a vocal opponent of the war, warning of “an occupation of undetermined length, with undetermined costs, and undetermined consequences.”

Candidate Obama took as much heat for his position as did any sitting U.S. Senator who voted against the resolution. In fact, he probably took a greater risk standing up to Bush's pack of lies because Bush's popular support still hovered between 65-70%. Again, judgment matters.

No comments: