|The Shah of Iran and President Nixon, accompanied by their wives.|
Via The Intercept we get, "The Seven Things You Didn't Know the U.S. and It's Allies Did to Iran" ...
1. The founder of Reuters purchased Iran in 1872
2. The BBC lent a hand to the CIA’s 1953 overthrow of Iran’s Prime Minister Mohammad Mosaddegh
3. We had extensive plans to use nuclear weapons in Iran
4. We were cool with Saudi Arabia giving Saddam $5 billion to build nukes during the Iran-Iraq war
5. U.S. leaders have repeatedly threatened to outright destroy Iran
6. We shot down a civilian Iranian airliner — killing 290 people, including 66 children.
7. We worry about Iranian nukes because they would deter our own military strikes
You can read the details in an informative but surprisingly short series of paragraphs by clicking here.