Thursday, August 26, 2010

THE GOP'S BIBLE THUMPING HYPOCRISY PARADE

So former RNC Chair, and George W. Bush political pal, Ken Mehlman has come out of the closet. Great.

I'd like to say who cares. But these conservative family value idiots have a tendency to tear down and demonize anyone who disagrees with their moral imperatives on their way up the political ladder.

So I think people like Ken Mehlman (gay), David Vitter (whore mongerer), Larry Craig (bathroom enthusiast), Mark Sanford ("I'll spend Father's Day with my mistress in Argentina"), John Ensign ("I do staffer's wives"), Newt Gingrich (serial cheater), Ted Haggard ("Spank me, I'm cured of the gay"), and other holier-than-thou Conservative/Republicans, deserve to be politically isolated for their opportunistic hypocrisy.


Instead, when they screw up, rather than take the medicine they suggested for others, they stay in the game. Worse, they're cleansed internally by political zombies who focus on power instead of moral consistency, or their party's failed ideology (though Ted Haggard did lose his church; they couldn't forgive him).


I don't expect that Mehlman's announcement will be the last "surprise" coming out party from the GOP. My guess is that we'll have another, and it will be from a GOP congressman from the south. And, no, it's not Senator Lindsay Graham. This one's in the House.

And, while we're at it, if you're going to follow God's word, shouldn't GOP, family-values, Bible thumpers like Sarah Palin follow the Bible literally instead of choosing and picking what suits her tastes ...




Just saying.

- Mark

P.S. A little unscientific fun, for the serious doubters ...



... and more political commentary on the hypocrisy ...

No comments: