Tuesday, February 2, 2010

FRAMING BALTIMORE: "I'M DUNKING ON YOU"

Last Friday I pointed out how President Obama pretty much embarrassed the Republicans at their Baltimore Retreat. They won't be inviting him back, especially in that type of forum, any time soon. As usual, the Daily Show's Jon Stewart puts it in context better than anyone else (click on the previous or this link or here if the video doesn't appear below).



My favorite John Stewart line was his comment after President Obama was told he only had two questions left. The President replied, "I'm having fun. This is great." Stewart paraphrased the President's comments in a way the President could not: "Why should I leave? I'm dunking on you. You can't stop me. I'm in the zone" (5:30 into the clip).


Yeah, the Q & A was that good.

- Mark

No comments: