Monday, January 8, 2018

A LESSON FOR YOUNG PARENTS

I agree with this, big time.
____________________________
____________________________

Let me add, that you want to tailor the reading to the age group. I know this seems like it's common sense but, believe it or not, there are parents who want to read advanced level Oliver Twist or Upton Sinclair books to a four-year old. Don't do that. If you have a one-year old show them picture books. If they're between one and two read them word and simple sentence books. If they're a three year-old ... etc., etc.

Also, when they're old enough, and want to read books after bed time on their own, let them (with a time frame).

It's the gift of adventure, and knowledge.

Below is just one of the books my kids remember me reading to them. There are various levels for these stories too.


- Mark

No comments: