The Washington Post has an interesting article in yesterday's paper that highlights the "Six astonishing things Betsy DeVos said - and refused to say - at her confirmation hearing."
Among the lowlights (my comments are in standard font) ...
One thing is certain. After watching her testimony it's clear DeVos hasn't done her homework. No pun intended. She doesn't understand what makes education work in America, and doesn't seem interested in learning. It gets worse. Betsy DeVos:
* Never attend public schools or a public university.
* Never had to take out a student loan.
* Has no teaching experience.
* Never put her kids in public schools.
* Does not believe in public education.
* Believes public school teachers are overpaid.
* Supports sucking money out of public education coffers and into for-profit, Christian-based education.
Put more simply, Betsy DeVos does not understand how important public education is or has been to our nation. No clue.
If education is your thing - and it should be if you care about the future of this country - you should be worried if Betsy DeVos is confirmed as Secretary of Education.
You can read the entire article by clicking here.