Monday, December 5, 2016

TRUMPLAND IN CALIFORNIA ... YEAH, IT'S BAKERSFIELD



I did an interview a few weeks back for Agence France-Presse (AFP), the global news agency based in France. AFP was in Bakersfield trying to explain to their audience how a Blue State like California could have a region that supported Donald Trump. I helped AFP set the profile for Bakersfield and Kern County by pointing out (1:03 into the clip) how you could dump both in the middle of Texas and no one would notice the difference.




Below is the French language version of the interview, which included an all too brief clip of my book in the foreground ...





One last note. While I spent about 25 minutes being interviewed - discussing the political and economic reasons for Trump's election - my comments were reduced to the Texas reference, as you can see in the interview. So, yeah, I had a lot more to say beyond what you see in my brief comments, but AFP had another story they wanted to tell.

Still, it was fun chatting with the AFP crew. I hope they come back.

- Mark

No comments: