Alaska's 2014 Iditarod Trail Sled Dog Race, held in March, had several areas with virtually no snow. Many of the more experienced racers were forced out of the event. Read about it here.
|My kids would probably freak out if they saw people running up to care for our car(s) like this.|
|With the exception of Oregon and New Jersey, we pump our own gas with little if any human interaction.|
|A scale model of Sputnik.|
|One of the numerous types of integrated circuits.|
... NASA bought so many [microchips] that manufacturers were able to achieve huge improvements in the production process - so much so, in fact, that the price of the Apollo microchip fell from $1000 per unit to between $20 and $30 per unit in the span of a couple years.At the same time this was happening Fairchild's original founders began leaving the company. Surrounded by numerous public and private universities, a developed infrastructure, and a vibrant economy, the Fairchild founders stayed in the region and built their own companies. Funded by government contracts, Fairchild was able to become a technological seedpod that spawned hundreds of new firms (often referred to as "Fairchildren") that built what we know today as the Silicon Valley.
On a crisp, clear morning 100 years ago, thousands of British, Belgian and French soldiers put down their rifles, stepped out of their trenches and spent Christmas mingling with their German enemies along the Western front.
* Our stock market has reached historic highs at 17,864 for the first time in our history; an increase of 141 percent, while under George Bush it declined by a minus 38 percent.
* We turned our financial crisis around as we created 10 million new jobs in 54 months, dropping our unemployment rate from 9.5 to 5.9 during my tenure, the lowest level in 14 years.
* We cut the annual deficit left to us by President Bush by 70 percent.
* The country has seen a GDP growth rate to 4.6%, while under Bush it declined by -5.4%.
* We increased government spending by only 1.8 percent while Bush increased it to 8.1 in his last term.
* Bush took a Clinton budget surplus of $129 billion and left us with a national debt of $11 trillion when he left office.
* We have provided new healthcare for 33 million new Americans, despite the opposition of the Republican Congress.
* Consumer confidence has gone from 25% under Bush to 94.6%.
* We got out of a war that the Bush Administration started on the basis of lies and false intelligence reports.
* We killed Osama in Laden, and have had no foreign terrorist attack in our country during my Administration.
|The Russian Ruble against the U.S. Dollar, Sept.-Nov., 2014.|
|The Russian Ruble against the U.S. Dollar, December, 2014.|