* Are you an "effeminate liberal east-coast" type, or a paranoid Fight Clubber worried about the NSA spying on you? Take the Zero Hedge Test, (Cassandra Does Tokyo).
* In "The Professor, the Bikini Model, and the Suitcase Full of Trouble" we learn (once again) about smart people doing really stupid things, (NY Times).
* For what it's worth, the U.S. has the 7th higest cancer rate in the world, (WebMD).
MARKETS / ECONOMICS
* In the WTF category ... a sign that the Apocalypse is upon us. The financial NINJAs are back, (Zero Hedge). Seriously, this is nuts.
* There was once a time when the Economic Elite supported raising taxes, (Bloomberg Echoes).
* Want to know how pensions were ripped off? Check out how unscrupulous market players packaged toxic crap with the complicity of Standard & Poor's before the market collapsed in 2008, (Bloomberg).
* We have no clue whether the big banks are safe, and it shows. How math and attempts at complex regulations might just be making things worse, (Economonitor).
POLITICS & COMMENTARY
* Putting lipstick on an elephant. The Republicans meandering attempts to connect, and rebrand, (New York Magazine).
* He became "The World's Wrongest Man" with his predictions about the Clinton, Bush, and Obama administrations. So how does this intellectual Titanic keep on resurfacing? (New York Magazine).
* The Swiss rein in executive pay by giving shareholders' more say in corporate pay schedules, (CBS News).
* A smart way to end the sequestration stupidity. The surprise? The GOP proposed it and the Obama Administration turned it down, (Bloomberg).
* Voting along party lines (51-49) every Republican Senator opposed (filibustered) a bill (S. 388) that would have averted automatic spending cuts AND eliminated tax subsidies for big oil, closed loopholes for companies that send jobs abroad, and lowered out of control deductions for America's wealthiest, (govtrack.us).