Friday, October 3, 2008

PIRATE ECONOMICS

The pirates off the coast of Somalia got it wrong. They should have gone to Wall Street. It's much easier to board and loot treasure when you trash an economy, threaten meltdown and depression, and then lobby Congress for your loot. No wonder Congress put in earmarks for Rum ... they needed the pirate vote.
The House caved in and approved the bailout measure on the second try. Incredible.


Look, at the end of the day, this vote was a pathetic cave-in to Wall Street and their threats of insolvency. And it did little to nothing to punish the culprits behind this bailout mess.

Tonight I'm going to go spend money and drink until I find an eye patch to put on. Then I'll put my daughter's parakeet on my shoulder for effect. Arrrghhhh ...

- Mark

No comments: